July 13, 2011

Winter Wednesday Theme - Lemonade

This is our little lemonade tree.  Not bearing as well obviously as our prolific mandarins.
 
However, lemonade fruit is one of the joys of winter, to our family anyway.  Not as sour as a lemon, but lovely and juicy.  Nice as a juice or mixed with another citrus.


Our lemonade tree is a replacement for another one that died, and it is still getting established.  I'd say this was its second season.  Maybe next year there will be a few more on the tree!  I'm hoping anyway.
Another of the nicer aspects of winter.  Linking with the lovely Hazel's Winter Wednesday Theme.  Looks like Hazel's place is a cosy place in winter.

===================

I've been missing in action a bit this week.  My dear father-in-law passed away on Tuesday night.  Not unexpected, but very sad of course as these times are to families.  I may (or may not) write more about him later.  Rest in peace Pop.
 ---------------------------- 



Cheers for now - Wendy


My reply to your comments in previous post 

veggiegobbler  - I think your winter garden is looking quite pretty actually.  Maybe a harvest will follow. 

saving for travel - thanks SFT - not sure about being clever, but certainly I make use of what we do have at hand.

Kim - thanks for your nice words.  It is a nice feeling! .... and always good to challenge yourself I think.

Tasmanian Vegan and Minimalist - winter is probably the best time in the garden where we are - I can't get too motivated in summer!  I long to live in Tas in summer!

Lyndel - I'll take the flowers too thanks!  Your roses looked gorgeous.

muppy - did you end up doing a dish with mandarin?  I looked but it didn't jump out at me - hopefully you do.  Lucky you with a full tree also!

Leontien  - we often have a meatless meal.  I do enjoy eggs in quite a few meals too.  Thanks for your nice comments.

Gooseberry Jam - yes we did!  Have the photos to prove it!  Our cabbages and broccoli are powering on this season.  First time without those dreaded white moths.  More cabbage meals to come as there are still 3 in the garden!  Thanks for your nice words, glad to see you back after your holiday.  

Fi - so far we have escaped too many pests this season.  We do have some pretty big bandicoots digging up holes everywhere though!

6 comments:

Judith said...

Sorry to read about your father-in-law. Sending you and your family some love. xxx

Fiona from Arbordale Farm said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Warm thoughts coming your way.

**Anne** said...

I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law, it's always such a hard time even if expected.
I've never heard of a lemonade tree, it sounds exotic!
Thing of you and your family,
Anne xx

muppy said...

Sorry to hear about your loss.
I have never had a lemonade fruit, sounds amazing.
I made pork baklava from Wholesome Cook blog, but i didn't blog it. It was a cross between a savoury and sweet dish, quit bizaare but at the same time really tasty. It has mandarin date mixture that tasted divine, would make an awesome cake.
I am currently marinating salmon in a mandarin marinade for dinner tonight, the marinade tasted great, looking forward to it.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Big Hugs to you and your family.

Glad you are finding aspects of winter to enjoy. Brrr!

Sft x

Dmarie said...

Sorry to learn of the loss of your beloved father in law. Peace to you and yours and you continue to grieve this great loss.