March 8, 2011

Objects of my affection - a Tuesday Theme - Week 6



Lately I've been thinking that since I started this blog I have been looking very judgementally (and rightly so) around the house for things that I can declutter.  All a bit negative.

As a bit of light relief, I thought I might make Tuesday a day to appreciate the things that I do enjoy having around me.  Not because of $$ value, but just because they are special to me for whatever reason.

Please join in - I apologise in advance if this is a bit twee or it has all been done before.



Today I thought I would show off this antique china piece which sits on my dressing table.   Not really sure what you call it?

I'm guessing that it was originally a flower bowl.   It was handed down to me through family and I've always really loved it

Beautifully made, it's not until you look at it more closely, you can see that it has faults.  Or maybe I should say has met with one or two accidents over the years.  One of the little guys has lost half a leg, and one fairly large part of the outside leaves has been broken.  Nevertheless,  I won't be getting rid of it!





--------
Just as an aside, to let you know that I've put up a little poll on the sidebar.  To give me some feedback as to what you'd like to see more of on this blog.  More decluttering?  I'm guessing that might be the case, but if you'd care to comment or vote on the poll that might steer me in the right direction.  Thanks to all who even read this blog - I'm constantly amazed! 

Cheers Wendy

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love that bowl, too! It's weird how certain things just "get" to us -- no idea why/how.

I just voted - definitely more photos/decluttering! That is my favorite part of your blog and has provided lots of inspiration to me!

dreamer said...

That's really unusual, pity about the damage but that won't stop you enjoying it :)

Enchanted Moments said...

Goodness, a blog about decluttering...you will have the most lovely tidy and organised house very soon...although if you are anything like me, I declutter an area, maybe a draw or a shelf and a month later its back to the same...
ongoing saga here.............very freeing though, Vinnies loves me at the moment, I am aiming at one box or bag a week...dropped this weeks off this morning, no peeking back in it, no second chances, if its in there, it goes...

duchess_declutter said...

Amy - thanks for stopping by my blog! and thanks for voting, see how we go.

Hi dreamer - I know, pity about the damage - I think it happened a long time ago.

Enchanted Moments - thanks for dropping by! Vinnies love me too I'm sure and good for you for aiming at a box a week. Good in theory ... see how you go with the no 2nd chances! I know I always have a 2nd look before I physically drop them off - remembering my brother who accidentally donated the wrong bags after moving house lol.