Now I do realize that Queenslanders have an easier time of winter than many other parts of Australia. As well as a lot of other parts of the world. However, can I just say that I really love winter! It gets a bad rap from many, and in its defence I would like to say the following:
- Winter clothes are so much more stylish (not talking tracky dacks and ugg boots here).
- Winter time is a much nicer for cuddling (I'm just saying..)
- It's great to be out in the garden on a crisp day with bright blue skies.
- Not so much mowing needed around the yard.
- Winter veggies are easier to grow - and lots of great recipes for soups.
- There seems to be so much more to do on the weekends - markets, ag.shows etc.
- NRL Football. Winter is also State of Origin time. Go Qld!
I've been prompted to this after reading Hazel's Winter Wednesdays post and also Veggiegobbler's Five things to Love About Winter. All different aspects of winter. I'm sure there are plenty more out there.
And the mandarin citrus arrangement? This was prompted by Gooseberry Jam's lovely idea. Isn't hers' just gorgeous. Mine is a wee bit tame I think, but it was certainly something I'd never tried before. I've been inspired to try other arrangements now too. I'm grateful too for her comment on using a heavy based pot! It is rather top heavy.
If you click on my photo, you may well see this in the background. Isn't this how most dogs spend their days??
cheers for now Wendy