March 21, 2011

Working from home today



Well that's how I have decided to think of it when I have a day of just putting items online to sell.  I have to steel myself up to get things sold and out of the house!


So that's what I will be doing today.    I pulled out a box of things that I had already set aside in the garage as potential ebay sales.  Then I combined this with the items I pulled from the cupboards last week. 


This is what a work in progress looks like -  mainly glassware today.  These are all items from my parents house.  And possibly some going back to their parents.  Things I have to photograph, describe and sometimes do a bit of research into value etc, then list.  Sigh.


I figured if I try and remove the emotion from the process, it is really just like going to work.  Then I won't feel so involved.  That's the theory anyway. 


Thanks for much for all your words of encouragement.  It's nice to think that I might just feel better and lighter when this is all done. .... there is so much to do though!  However, today is a work in progress.

 
Cheers Wendy

6 comments:

Daffodil said...

You just keep on decluttering, Wendy! Just think of all the storage you will be freeing up, the minimising of chaos that clutter brings us, and just freeing up things that will be cherished by someone who really wants them.

In fact, is there any chance that you can declutter for two? I have misplaced my will to declutter somewhere along the way. It is probably hiding in one of the many piles of crapola that lurk around my own house!!!!

Nelly said...

I have a couple of huge piles to sell Now have to get motivated to start listing Just gave Dear daughter a huge hint.Fingers crosse she comes to teh party.

duchess_declutter said...

Daffodil - I have to really push myself! It's a now or never thing with me now. Have a lot of stuff that has just been sitting. Would love to help lol - I'll give you a wave when I've finished here.

duchess_declutter said...

Nelly - it's all a bit of a pain isn't it. So time consuming. All the taking of photos and researching. I really should do a little bit every day and it mightn't be so bad.

Joyce said...

Hi. You have a lovely blog. And this idea to document you de-clutterring is wonderful. I think most of us can relate:)

I am actually a bit addicted to cleaning out and reorganizing.

I found the Ebay thing very frustrating for very little profit. But, I do not have family heirlooms to sell, either.
I am lucky enough to live in a town that provides options for consigning both clothes and household items. I probably don't make as much money, but the headache of selling it is off of me.
Just my two cents:) Looking forward to following along on your adventure.

duchess_declutter said...

Hello Joyce - thanks for your comments and thank you for dropping by. My progress is slow, but I know that it has to be done. That sounds like a great idea in your town, would make it easier to deal with items. Cheers Wendy