March 22, 2011

Objects of my affection - Week 8




 The Tuesday Theme

Lately I've been thinking that since I started this blog I have been looking very judgementally  (and rightly so) around the house for things that I can declutter.  All a bit negative.

As a bit of light relief, I thought I might make Tuesday a day to appreciate the things that I do enjoy having around me.  Not because of $$ value, but just because they are special to me for whatever reason.

Please join in - I apologise in advance if this is a bit twee or it has all been done before.


Another  time to appreciate what I do have and enjoy to have in the house with me - my red leather chair! With apologies for the bad photo.  Where it is located in the lounge is dark and not good for my limited photography skills.  Decided to include my favourite crochet granny rug with it.



 
 
I totally love this chair.  It was another hand-me-down which I have had for quite a few years.  However, it was badly in need of re-covering for a long time.  The previous upholstery was a floral velveteen type with swirls and leaves in autumn colours.  Unfortunately I didn't take a before photo - but you would know the type, popular in about 1960.

I had the chair for at least 15 years before I took the plunge and had it recovered about 2 years ago.  I'm not sure how old the chair actually is, but it is nice and solid and after I had made a bit of money selling some other furniture, I decided to have it redone.  In red leather no less.   

Definitely the right decision.  It is so comfortable and the leather is just gorgeous.  The Others know that is my chair and my chair only!  Sure I slouch about on the couch sometimes, but this is where I sit mainly for watching TV or knitting.

What's your object of affection this week?   Maybe leave a link to your blog if you have one.

 ==================

Progress on the declutter from yesterday going slowly.  Big sigh.  

Cheers Wendy

12 comments:

Nelly said...

Its lovely I would love to have a leather chair like that I can call my own that noone else was allowed to sit in.I would call it Grannys Chair lol maybe put a lock and key or zapper on it so th ekids wouldnt touch ha I wish.

cathy@home said...

A chair of my own bliss I most probably I will be a Granny before I get one

cathy@home said...

http://cathyisathome.blogspot.com/2011/03/objects-of-my-affection.html
this is a link to my object of affection

duchess_declutter said...

Nelly - haha a zapper, now I like that idea.

duchess_declutter said...

cathy - thanks for linking. I've been to look at your object of affection and can see why it means so much to you.

Gooseberry Jam said...

I've been admiring Red Leather Chairs for quite sometime now...I so need one, Just like Yours! It looks very comfy. And that crocheted blanket, My mum has one nearly identical, I keep trying to trade her one of my other blankets for it and she won't let go of it, I guess it is an object of Her affection... :)

duchess_declutter said...

Gooseberry Jam - sounds like it is. You'll have to find a special one of your own (and a red leather chair too!)

Amy said...

OH my....when you decide to have a Red Chair garage sale, let me know! That is a beautiful chair and a wingback to boot (to me those are the most comfy!). What a great, happy-looking chair!!

fromsophiesview said...

Lovin' that gorgeous RED LEATHER chair...you have very goods taste...can see why you covet it and use it for viewing and creating.

duchess_declutter said...

Thanks heaps Sophie - that's high praise coming from someone with your exquisite taste! I wonder if you have your own special chair?

librarygirl said...

Wendy, gorgeous chair! If you're ever de-cluttering it..... let me know!

duchess_declutter said...

Thanks LG but my behind is pretty much there to stay!