March 13, 2015

Just some traffic passing by .....

alternate title could be - what I found at the bottom of the garden!
  
It seems they were just passing through.
A small muster - not sure if that is the right term for a group of 3 peacocks and 1 peahen.
I do not have a very good zoom lens. This was taken looking up to roof of our workshop.
and a view of one on the workshop roof..... and yes there are fairies at the bottom of my garden!

In the morning they had gone  They all appeared quite young, the males had lovely colour but not much plumage.  I think a lot of acreage owners buy these birds thinking they are decorative, not realising that they are difficult to contain in a pen.  However they do make a lot of noise - so I was happy they had moved along.  

Then a few days later I spotted these regulars down past the back gate.
Often we see groups of them on our block.
Quite happy to have them around!

Our trip to Tassie was lovely.  A bit of a break from the hot weather - however it was straight back into the hot humid weather on our return.  At least we missed all of Cyclone Marcia.  
Now waiting for an autumn change sometime soon thanks!

  
A quick glimpse of our 10 day, 2000k holiday - and what an amazing, diverse State.



cheers for now
Wendy

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful pictures! Lucky you to have visitors....we only manage chickadees and the odd hummer.
Glad you had a good holiday.

duchess_declutter said...

Thanks Debbie - I will have to google those two, I'm guessing they are birds?!

**Anne** said...

Peacocks can be noisy but so beautiful. Glad to hear you had a good trip to Tassie.
Anne xx

librarygirl said...

Very much looking forward to our few days in Tassie next month!

Vintage Bird Girl said...

Hi Wendy, I wanted to drop by and thank you for commenting on my blog. It's always encouraging to hear of other mums who have had health issues yet still managed motherhood. And good to know we aren't the only ones who took a long time to get there! It's an exciting and at times slightly terrifying adventure! I look forward to following your blog now I know who you are! Much love, Leisa. Xx

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Hi Wendy, we get peacocks/hens around here too, we hear them often but it's only occasionally they stroll through the paddocks. Although I reckon they come through at night mostly as I find pterodactyl size poops in the garden sometimes!! We don't get any roos though, that would be cool, I grew up watching Skippy lmao! Lovely photos of your trip, what's that truck & cement mixer made of? They look really cool x

Francesca S said...

Beautiful pics! We recently went to Tasmania and absolutely loved it! Thanks for sharing!
Frances